There are many factors that could help a company to have greater agility; however, there are two variables that added, multiply the results: a technology designed to streamline the operation and partners committed to the purpose of the company to make things happen.
Large corporations could be perceived by customers, suppliers and even the same collaborators, like giants difficult to move.
How can a company keep moving and constantly evolve despite its size? The key lies in the ability to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of global markets quickly and efficiently, in other words, ensuring Enterprise Agility.
What are the characteristics of an Agile Company?
- Light, logic and flexible business processes that facilitate the operation of the company and support complex business models in a simple way.
- Reliable information that reflects the operation of the company in real time to make quick decisions and ensure that goals, initiatives and processes are aligned to the business strategy.
- The company is alert to changes, foresees challenges and opportunities in its sector and is able to predict the trend, while responding to the requirements of increasingly demanding consumers.
- Takes time for innovation, taking risks and continuously reinventing itself to become more competitive in a global market.
- Builds its reputation with results; agile companies consistently fulfill their value promise, making customers, suppliers, partners and investors happy. They maintain high productivity rates and attractive profit margins.